Wednesday 9 March 2016

Digital bird's nests

Never imagine that digital embroidery is a quick fix for free machine embroidery. I seem to have spent hours understanding how to plan a design so I don't end up with a bird's nest of connecting threads between each stitched element of the piece.

However, I think my brain is slowly becoming more conversant with the software and every connecting thread I manage to get rid of is a bonus.


This was my best effort so far, but a professional designer would have a finished design looking something like this.


There would only be 2 threads showing, one for the start of the design and one for the end.


This is the third portrait that I've edited, which I did today and I think it's the best so far.


And how it should look.

Only 2 more portraits to go and then I'll be ready for the stitch out at last..

1 comment:

  1. I am genuinely in awe of your dedication, and the efforts you've put into developing your skills and understanding of the digital process.

    ReplyDelete