Monday 9 January 2017

Time evaporates

I can' believe it's been 9 months since I was here last.

A lot happened last year, including a broken laptop which meant I had to have my Mac Book Pro partitioned so it could take Windows 7 in order for me to run the Bernina digitising software. That required it being in the repair shop for a month!

Then it took another 17 weeks for me to work all thirty separate hoopings for the lace sail.

I knew this project would not be easy, but I had no idea just how time consuming it would be. But it has been an invaluable learning experience.

Hopefully I have  now learnt how to make each part of the design join up with the next, using the registration marks created within the design elements.

Everything is now set to be stitched out in the silk organza.


This is one of the first hoopings and you can see on the RHS that it didn't quite work out, due to a small mistake right at the beginning.




I did do one or two other things last year related to the Digital Embroidery course that I had been working on.




I really do like this way of working and am very much looking forward to a new year of discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment